Sunday, July 22, 2007

Weekend Update

Status


Okay, it again has been a while. The Myth is functional, and recording shows happily. We have now recorded 12 stages of "Le Tour de France", as well as a bunch of HGTV stuff. I have a few 'bugs' to work out still, but I do have the channel changing working, recording, LIRC (mostly)... I also have some stuff on my list that I just haven't spent the time to get done.

Bug List


General Fedora bugs

  • Upon reboot, need to run ivtv-tune -c 3 to reset tuner to channel 3

  • Upon reboot, have to manually reconnect to the wireless network, it will not autoconnect despite being told (in an angry voice) to do so.


Myth bugs Some of these seem not to be Myth bugs at a first glance...

  • After a period of time (about 20 minutes) power save kicks in and shuts off the monitor... this ONLY happens from within Myth, not when using XINE, VLC, or just in the OS in general. Movement of the mouse brings it back to life.

  • Sometimes, commercial flagging doesn't occur... but only sometimes

  • Volume control isn't functioning... you see the on screen message that mute is on/off, or that volume is going up/down, but it doesn't. Volume can be controlled from the OS though.



Unfinished Business


Okay, I still have some stuff that I haven't finished, but with watching the tour, having our place up for sale, and riding my bike, I've been too busy... I shall overcome, however, eventually.

  • Finish mapping remote buttons

  • Get VFD and volume knob working

  • Configure network for external access (includes setting up Open LDAP, finish configuring my firewall server, DHCP server and DNS server)



It is getting pretty close. It is working well enough for my Tour needs...

No comments: